Thursday, March 01, 2007

Tail Story

I have had fairly short hair for sweet amount of time now and it has worked out just fine so far. Its low maintenance except for the fact that I have to visit the salon like once in 4/5 weeks. This time I have kinda crossed 6 weeks and my hair appears really long to me..:) and bet out of shape. So I ended up tying a pony tail kinda thing today to work and bammmm..people are asking me if I am ok? Yeahh!! I am perfectly fine (but in my head I am thinking, Supercuts here I come).. One boss came and even patted my head. I would have loved to illustrate with a pic here but I am at work and no easy access to camera you see, which also reminds me that I shouldn't be blogging at work but I have been a rebel of a sort but only once in a while.
People are not very easily susceptible to change. We condition ourselves to routine things and reach that comfortable spot where even a slight misfit creates a perturbation. Some changes come easily and some not so easily and there is this one category of changes which are just not welcome. Change is a constant variable and it shall and must happen. Life controls us or we control life is good question to ask here. At least poeple like to believe that they are controlling every aspect of it. We try this to boost our ego and reiterate to our mind for reassurance. I mean if we really controlled eachie in our life then whats' the explanation for our failures, miseries or even falling in love. Somethings you cannot plan (for everything else there is MasterCard..sorry bad joke). On the contrary, we are constantly just changing/adapting to our social, physical and emotional environment. Some reactionary instant reflex and some are purely acknowledged and rationally justified. Point here is that change does happen, some gracefully accepted with time and some are just forced for its calamitous (prob. not the best word here) disposition.
OK, I really have to go now and do my weekly work load..:). Till then stay simple and stay tuned for more.. and listen to: tere bina from Guru or patience by Gun n Roses or may be humsafar by Silk Route...

6 comments:

Kartik said...

You Tarzan?
You Jane?
Hair is to be cut.

Haiku Guru

Parth said...

Blogging at work is a healthy thing :-) There are worse ways to waste time when taking breaks.

AmitL said...

Hi,Pallaviji...nice to see ur blog after quite some time.:)Heh heh at the hair dilemma...for me,it's 'haircut time' every 4 weeks...otherwise,i feel uncomfy.(But,then,always something to be happy about-better more hair than bald,na?)...Yes...life is all about changes.And,the better u adapt,the happier u are.:)

Twisted DNA said...

So now you have a tail :P Can we see?

Pallavi said...

Kartik- U jobless!!:) I hope you come back from spring break with a bang..with lot more projects and assignments...

Parth- Thats encouraging!! I have worse ways too..like bundle of bubble wrap.. awesome fun!

Amit-oh yah def. better to have hair which you can cut than bald!

Twisted-hey you long time no see peep..the tail is more like a whip..you still want to see..:P

Life Lover said...

i *always* blog at work! more than me feeling all relaxed, it is important for the sanity of all my cube mates ;) btw came here after a while, will look around some more