Saturday, February 17, 2007

Reformists relegating religion

They have taken up this made-up issue and trying to reform society and retain the religious heritage by restraining indians from celebrating the day for lovers. Although I haven't understood about the fascination that you need a hyped up special day to tell someone what he/she means to you. The day's over glorification is partly because of the media and marketing in its shoddiest form. Although love has been the constant cultural occurence and let's not go that path to figure out if it is really so.
The point I came here to make is why such fatal fanaticism and fear and insecurity that it will sweep away the rich religion that we proudly possess. Sometimes I feel its more to do with making their presence felt. I also wonder if forcing such kind of ideology will be a long term result that handful are trying to achieve. Belief system is best in its form when it is self-dictated. We are already facing the brunt of another level of religious irrational zeal and it has not failed to reverberate time and again. We have more serious societal issues to concern ourselves with and darn wonder why aren't we channeling our energy towards real problems. Trust me there are quite a few.
Anyway,
Tough and funny and a little bit kind: that is as near to perfection as a human being can be. ~Mignon McLaughlin

5 comments:

Persona non gratis said...

Because these are sensitive issues and rile up people very quickly I guess, hence the focus on them

P said...

there are a lot of directionless people out there, what can you do? everyone wants there 15secs of fame and fanaticism gets it then why not?? such people should just be ignored and perhaps even be educated!

Keshi said...

Fanaticism makes me puke. why cant ppl just allow every individual to live life the way they want as long as it doesn't harm anybody else? I say fanatics r ppl who need the most HELP!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Pallavi sweetie how cud I have added in u in my slideshow when I didnt have a pic of u :) And u have never posted any pics of u in ur blog...as far as I can rem.

But trust me, I never forgot u - how can I? Cos ur one of my best and regular blogger pals. I remembered each n everyone of u but most of em I didnt have pics of. And ur one of em.

U can email me ur pic at kajole at hotmail dot com. btw Im still adding alot of pics that many friends r sending me now :)

ty so much n HUGGGGGGGGZ!


Keshi.

Pallavi said...

Shree- well then that needs to change, not a very fruitful way of making ur point.

pers- I agree with you and exactly they shud be ignored.

keshi-fanaticism of any kind is not good and yes they need help. And its was very sweet effort on ur part to put all the bloggers slideshow together. awesome..