Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gym log

After much persistence, things have started looking better with gym visits. Run time has improved drastically and it has resulted in much niceness. If anyone cares, here is my little log of what it looks like so far:

Week of 7th September
Running/Jogging 4.25 miles (55 min.)
Cycling 5 miles (20 min.)
Cross training, climbing (10 min.)
Rowing, 25 cal. burn (15 min.)

Week of 14th September
Running/Jogging 4.75 miles (60 min.)
Cycling 4.5 miles (20 min.)
Cross training, climbing 1 mile (15 min.)
Rowing, 30 cal. burn (15 min.)

And, and, week of 21st September
Running 5.25 miles (65 min.)
Cross training, 1.5 miles (25 min.)
Abs crunches (20 min.)
Yoga (10 min.)

This is generally, 5 times a week now. And it has started to feel really strange (depressed would be more appropriate a word) if I miss a visit. Needless to say, I love running the most amongst everything when its coupled with good music. I think, if I could, I can do this forever, just like reading, without a break, till I am reduced to just bones, perhaps. I am at most peace while I am on treadmill, there is certain sense of clear thinking when I am on the go. To arrive and cross 5 miler wasn't easy. There were blocks, both mental and otherwise. It took time and efforts and I am happy nevertheless. I am starting to wonder if I can dream of half-marathon. May be, not a good idea to take big leaps in hope!

2 comments:

Parth said...

You are doing the right things, training wise. Cross-training and core training are critical if you are thinking of doing a half-marathon. Knees are most susceptible as I have found out :( Good luck with the routine.

Pallavi said...

Thanks for the tips, Parth. I just started weight training too but that doesnt seem like so much fun, its brutal..!