Monday, October 13, 2008

Ode to Nusrat

It took me a while to enjoy the pure form of classical qawwali rendition/music by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. I used to indulge in a lot of poppish version of his music earlier, until someone (special) pointed to me what I was really missing. For one I was missing on the true trance feeling and it gradually grew on me. It sure did! I still struggle to understand the lyrics to most of the songs but I somewhat figure out the overall feel of it..so there is no looking back from this genre which has entered my bucket of eclectic music.

NFAK - Sanoon Bhul...

2 comments:

Parth said...

I have a two CD collection of Nusrat's performance live at the Royal Albert Hall. Tremendous.

Pallavi said...

That truly must be awesome, Parth! You should email me couple of good ones from the collection. Please, please!