Thursday, October 16, 2008

Go Blue!

Like any other alien in US I also saw all the presidential debates including the one that took place yesterday. Now, you may ask why? Well, you don't want to be a social outcast when the whole of United States is going bonkers with analysis and over analysis of upcoming elections. Kidding! I have recently developed interest in politics. Kidding again!

Now you don't want me to write my lame reasoning of why I was disappointed with Ms.Palin and McCain's ever growing negative allegations on Obama and why I am a true-Blue democrat. But there is something about Obama's striking composure & intelligence and something very real & earthy and radiating the shine of person who has seen hardship in life.. You may agree with me more if you read his book- Audacity of Hope. Thank you Sud for insisting that I read it!

What I noticed yesterday was that Barack is a left-hander..:)..I have more reasons to be biased now. This post is soon going to turn as a whine. Why? I was born as a left-hander and since for some God forsaken reason, it was considered bad, my mom insisted me to be a right-hander. I still remember my childhood days when I used to draw on the wall with my artistic left hand.. I got scolded for both, writing on wall and with left hand. So in the process, I forced switched my hand for writing with right but rest of the work is still with left hand. I am now one of those artificial hybrids who are neither here nor there. I am not even truly ambidextrous since I cannot write with my left hand. All my sports activities are with left hand. Identity crisis, you see!

Coming back to Barack the Obama man, I read this story today, I felt that may be there is still hope for Americans after all the mess (of greed and insatiable hunger of power) that Bush has royally created for his successor for past 8 years. Now, I don't expect magical/radical changes in short time since the mess is pretty messy but there is still hope in Obama's reformative thinking.

2 comments:

Parth said...

Isn't McCain left-handed too? :-)

Pallavi said...

darn! you are right, he is..:)..I guess I am already too biased.