Sunday, June 03, 2007

Rant raving

Looks like I made it back and so did my ranting. Been out for the longest time from the blogging world and reason was health Tsunami hit me (needless to say it was the worst hit of my life). My health freak ego was hurt and took me few days to even accept it. However, some of the bloggers checked on me and I was surprised how we make connections, just about anywhere. Thanks for all the concerns!

I rarely talk too much because I am always thinking, rationalizing and pondering about the why and how. Some people misunderstand this as me being secretive. I am quiet but I am always reading, understanding and justifying the actions of mine or others. Talking of rationalizing, I have noticed that fewer people do so. Most of the time they evade to an extent beyond reality and this fear to face leads to somewhat dangerous mode of life. The harm is not always crystal clear and immediate. Having said that, to judge based on principles is not an easy task and cannot be based on hunches, feelings and finite instincts. Although we do it many times. It has to be dealt with moral ruthless rules. It is easy to state but awfully difficult to apply when it involves a character of another real person.

On a different note, I realized if we live in a world of redundancy? For example, how many of us innocently say: ATM machine..:)?

7 comments:

Parth said...

Welcome back. Another redundant phrase is "please RSVP". Dunno any French, but I have been told one of the words in the four letters does include please.

Unknown said...

Quoting from Hugh Prather which was told to me once by my friend,

"You analyze life, you do not live it!"

Parth,
RSVP - "répondez s'il vous plaît",
Please respond :-)

- The Pilgrim

Kausum said...

What happened? Are you fine now? or sick?

Keshi said...

WB!

**It is easy to state but awfully difficult to apply when it involves a character of another real person.

very true.


U ok Pallavi?


Keshi.

The Black King said...

Yes, stepping into someone else's shoes and then understanding the situation is difficult. But again, sometimes we need to detach ourselves and guide us --- otherwise we get caught in our own cobwebs.

Pallavi said...

parth-:)..

pilgrim- "if you do not analyze it, you are not living it either."

kausam, keshi- am fine, thanks!

black king-yes it is, but we still need judge sometimes not for others but for ourselves.

Siddharth Sharma said...

i don't know if i got you right, but i'll give you something to chew on. it may or may not seem very relevant to you.

radically, i don't really find thinking along personal lines very productive. forming a judgement on another person is probably useless. it is however useful to analyze the various things that happen and are done by people, the causes and effects.

i think personalities are in flux, constantly changing. therefore, it helps to not take the person idea too seriously.

i don't think its necessary to justify or rationalize. its far more important to understand in my opinion.

nice post.