Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Randomness

Random just because I am jotting down all the random happenings in my life currently. I overcame a big giant size fear today morning and I feel like a rockstar. I paid a long overdue visit to a dentist for my root canal. It wasn't bad and I survived but its not over yet. Will have few more visits in coming days but the truth is I am not afraid and I have dealt with it very strongly. I was trying to be funny with my wisecracks just to shield my inner fear. I told the doctor, " be nice to me and I will give you candies." Not bad at all than the last time when I had sobbed and told the doctor to leave me alone. They gave me four shots as I laid down there humble and laughing.
Last Monday I finished my 8-week long Bikram Yoga challenge and guess what! I got a certificate of perseverance, solid focus and discipline from the Studio with few other gifts and of course a big round of applause from my fellow yogis.
My mind is troubled right now and I find encouraging solace in reading this speech by Steve Jobs. If you too lazy to read then hear it here but don't miss it. Sometimes, when you are honest, humble and genuine to your feelings don't let things bog you down. If need be go away and take a break to refuel and reflect in your silence. When I say genuine I mean it, because I know no other way.
I have to catch up on some reading and hence bought few books and am currently reading: Globalization and its Discontents by Joseph E. Stiglitz and looks very intriguing so far. More on the book and author here. The whole mental atmosphere is very conducive to writing a poem but I am fearing and resisting it. If I am not able to then you all will have it as next entry on blog. But yeah, this is something I coined recently:
"Just because you have it, doesnt give you the right to waste it."

6 comments:

Persona non gratis said...

I could never focus on anything ever, much less finish a 2 month course, so power to you. Also may there be a bridge over your troubled waters soon .

Parth said...

Surviving a dentist: you deserve a bravery award :-)

Pallavi said...

Shree- you are kind. And yes hopefully a bridge is in process.

Parth-:). I think we shud have dentist bravery awards night..

Sudipta Chatterjee said...

Hey.. thanks for dropping at my blog. You seem to have a lot happening in your life: dentists and yoga and all! That speech by Steve Jobs is always a nice read. Will be looking forward to your poem. :)

Keshi said...

Take it easy Pallavi.

**"Just because you have it, doesnt give you the right to waste it."

thats sooo true!

Keshi.

Pallavi said...

sudipta- welcome here. your blog is fun!

keshi-thanks keshi. i m glad u liked my random thoughts.:)