Saturday, January 20, 2007

Cut loose

It was not a conscious self made decision. I was talked into it. And now everyone involved with it are thrilled simply coz it wasn't anything bad to begin with. My friend at work has been actively into yoga. So actively into it, that she went for the certified training for it (hats off to you woman!) and ever since her return she has been convincing me. I did bluff her, like I use to about 4 months back too, with innovative responses like, too busy, work is killing me, its tough to manage, blah, blah...But her perseverance paid off at last when she offered a 30 day challenge (without missing a day) from Bikram Yoga. I simply couldn't resist and here I am doing it..with 10% completion and yes I am so going to do this folks. Its' challenging but I love it. Its 90 minutes of yoga work-out in a heated room, bout 105 degree F and killing humidity of 40%. I was unsure (like anything new you begin with) but great thing is that I could do all the postures close to perfection. I am so sore right now and negative thing is I will have to give my running a break on weekdays. But I will try and run at least once/twice a week (weekends na). The coolest thing about the 90 minute work-out is the feeling you get after finishing, it's pure bliss!! I have 27 more days to go and on an average I drink about 2.5 litres of water mainly including other fluids. Which will amount to approx. 70 litres of water intake in coming days..:)....wohhh!
Anyway, moving on to something which I haven't understood in a while, is why do people like to gossip, backbite so much so that if they do not have anything interesting in facts they like add and twist for their sensation. Its so sad they have failed to make their own life interesting so they go encroach on to other people's space. They will generate every bit of excitement (disregarding the truth) just so to prove that they have something to say at least. Its amusing to watch how two people bond due to common interest on gossip. Two very important things people should know in life: if you do not know everything bout a person doesn't naturally label him/her bad just to personify your gossip, its good to give people their space and its really really "OK" to keep quiet if do not have anything well behaved to say. More so if its just an effort for attention seeking. I tend to withdraw myself and try and have least absolutely required communication. This is only because I just do not know how to handle such people. Anything I say, do or even not say or think is portrayed and propogated in their own convenient twisted format. Been part of such damn things and its pretty low for my value system. Its a beautiful life so please do not trash it. People who do such things are complete losers for me. I really respect those people who have handled things a lot maturely than I have at times and deeply regret losing some special freinds. I just couldn't keep up to explaining and proving my honesty and loyalty of true person.

6 comments:

mommyof2 said...

God I need to start too but isn't yoga very slow? I like cadio or running(if I do) but nothing slow like pilate.. I think you will have stunning results after it is over:-)

Bharat said...

I agree! I hate to blow my fuses off on something unnecessary and trivial!

Anyways, Way to go with the workout:)!

Keshi said...

yoga and pilates r good. Enjoy!

Keshi.

Kartik said...

oh gash- now that i know this ... [:D]

Pallavi said...

mommyof2- Yeah its slow but serious workout, especially wid the heat n humidity. well running is fun anyway!

bharat-thanks.:).its not blowing the fuse actually the point that people are jobless in a -ve way! and harmful sometimes.

keshi-thank you girl!

o fa, o fa, o fa...:). I thot u always knew it..[:D]

Pallavi said...

*oops last reply was for krak boy..