Sunday, October 15, 2006

My beloved monster

Past couple of days I have been listening to Shrek soundtrack. Almost all the songs from this movie are absolutely kickass. Shrek has been my favorite movie and not just because its animated but also for the message it conveyed. Its a story about true friendship (donkey and shrek), love (princess fiona n shrek) and victory (shrek over farquad). Its one of those classy movies who have lot of style in almost everything, be it music, characters (donkey being my favorite and greatest work by eddie murphy), and whole screenplay intertwined together. I have cried in this movie..:).. when shrek reveals- "everyone judges him even before they know him." Anyway, if you haven't heard shrek music yet, I would strongly recommend it. Especially songs- bad reputation, my beloved monster, stay home and I am on my way are just totally worth it.

Here is something nice I read its from the movie - akheelah and the bee: Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

12 comments:

Twisted DNA said...

yep, I loved Eddy Murphy in the movie. I am a fan of animation movies myself :)

"I have cried in this movie..:)"
Ahem... care to share with us what you did for other movies such as Titanic, English Patient etc.? ;)

Keshi said...

Shrek was a brilliant movie!

I love that last quote. Simply beautiful and so true.

Keshi.

Ram said...

I loved the I'm a believer song...strong, powerful lines from Akeelah & the Bee..thanks for sharing them...

Anonymous said...

:) the mention of shrek makes me smile.

Pallavi said...

Twisted- I also cried when shrek actually realizes he has fallen for fiona..hallelujah song..:). Yah make fun of me..:)
Keshi-You should listen to all the songs.. they are jus brilliant.
Ram- Have u heard the other songs? Do listen to them they are just fabulous!

Pallavi said...

Shree- Shrek was a perfection of all the imperfections and were jus awww results!!:)

border between sanity and insanity said...

I particularly liked the part when pinoccio was caught red handed wearing a thong by donkey... hmm.. wonder what kind of message this sends to kids these days :-)

Pallavi said...

video- yeah seriously, what kind of message!!!:)

Keshi said...

Happy Diwali Pallavi!

Keshi.

Pallavi said...

keshi- thanks a bunch! I hope u had a fun diwali.

mommyof2 said...

ohhh I love that movie too.. actually all the animated movies & cartoons..;-)you didn't like the cat in it? I still remember those cute eyes when he looked at shrek:-) so cute:-)

Pallavi said...

mommy-Yeah its' one hell of a cool movie!