Sunday, October 01, 2006

Bittersweet life

I recently begun running regularly. After trying it for few days, I just decided to set up a target of 4 miles and wished to achieve it. I mostly run on weekends and had kept a time frame of one month. I did this with an increment of half a mile and sometimes one mile. It wasn't easy simply because I tend to take a break from my exercise for months and it takes hell of a discipline to get back to it. Anyway, while I have been pretty enthusiastic and actually look forward to weekends just for this. Last thursday, I realized since I am so close (at 3.5 miles) to my target, why not go try, JUST DO IT! I must have given up several times but haven't been much of a quitter, I kept going. I don't know how many of you do this but I modulate my speed several times. I did finish my 4 miles target in 58.12 minutes. I didn't feel my legs existed for some time. But yey!
While walking back to my car and trying to regain my sense in legs I was celebrating my small, tiny victory. As I reach the car, I see some papery thing stuck to wipers...:). Yeah thats right I have been ticketed for parking in visitor's parking which I used to think is free. Sometimes, I think ASU and God have wierd sense of humor..:). Nevermind.
Anyway, been reading a lot lately which include book and several blogs and articles. Book Never eat alone by Keith Ferrazi has some interesting views on how to leverage networking and build a successful trusted set of friends. Another interesting read, I stumbled on this blog where the fellow blogger has painted a very simple picture of his expectations of love Its very simplicity is very beautiful. Well done!
I read somewhere that sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick (it sure does) and you loose every bit of faith in life. You will be devastated and will hit the ground. Your life will be shattered to innumerable pieces where you would feel its hard to put them all together. Don't give up and keep the faith. If you survive this you will emerge as one helluva strong and wiser person and life will never be the same again.
Random act: When things/acts do not make sense to me in very logical and rational mode and it ranges from surroundings and people, I tend to go to my shell and live a secluded life.

15 comments:

Twisted DNA said...

4 miles is no kidding! Congratulations. LOL@the ticket. There's got to be something at the end to get you back on the groud :)

4 Tempe miles = 8 california miles, adding all the sun etc. ;)

P said...

I usually walk about 4 miles.. but I plan to take up running too.. maybe we can then compare notes? :)

Ram said...

Congratulations on breaking the 4 mile barrier!

Well said about keeping the faith when things are going bad. I have found that such experiences help build one's character, and you end up becoming all the more stronger having gone through such trying times.

Persona non gratis said...

Its cool that you are running. Keep up the effort nd you will have many more records to break.

Hazel Dream said...

4 miles .. sound like someone is very restless.. searching something??

Pallavi said...

Twisted- lol@ticket..:(. U better start running, u might need it for lil professors..:).I hope u get like 30/40 lil profs chasing you..:).
Perspective- I like the idea of comparing notes..:). lets try it.
Ram- Thanks.True. These experiences work as filters to make u stronger person.
Shree-Thank you, thank you!
Hazel-May be.."I still haven't found what I am looking for."

border between sanity and insanity said...

Good luck on the running... hope u keep it up. And thanks for visiting the blog.

Mosilager said...

That was a little funny. Reminds me of the Suppandi story where he's out walking, it starts raining, he trips on a pothole and falls in some mud. When he gets up there's some lightning and he looks up at the sky and says,"It's not enough that you get me wet and muddy, now you have to take my picture too!"

I admire people who can run long distances, I'm more of a 100m sprint guy. I did take up jogging a few miles with the doggies, now that it's getting cold and snowy over here it's going to be hard.

Pallavi said...

Video-Thanks!
Mosi-Suppandi story was funny.

Keshi said...

I started slow jogging from yday...Summer is here and I gotta be fit and lose a few punds too...cos I feel I've put on a bit during Winter.


**Don't give up and keep the faith. If you survive this you will emerge as one helluva strong and wiser person and life will never be the same again.

so true. Its those lessons that make u wiser than the rest of the ppl ard ya...so hang in there and get the best lessons of life.


Keshi.

Suman Pant said...

4 miles... well thats great... congrats!

**When things/acts do not make sense to me in very logical and rational mode and it ranges from surroundings and people, I tend to go to my shell and live a secluded life.
Exactly what i do... life's full of fuzzy logic... what say?

Pallavi said...

Keshi- Thanks! yes and its sooo much fun to run/jog!
Eclipsed- Life is full of fuzzy logic coz we let it happen. I dont see too many people who question illogical things. We jus adapt as way/part of life!

Anonymous said...

Interesting!...after reading ur blogs abt random logic n laziness with a lil' "easy ppl" attitude u sooo seem to be a sagittarian!!! I am not big on that but I enjoy guessing ppl signs!...let me say one more random logic thingy!!!

Pallavi said...

Bharat- hey no I am not a saggi..:)

Anonymous said...

Not the first time I got it wrong..or I never got it right..:)