Saturday, September 09, 2006

Salad-e-Zannat

Looking at my comment section of my previous blog, it seemed, cooking and food, by far, fascinated everyone than anything else I yapped. So with this encouragement I present, absolutely zero in effort- Salad-e-Zannat. Now people who have watched Andaz apna apna will immediately associate to what I am talking about. Anyway the salad consists of all kind of ghas-patti, ok veggies: lettuce, spinach, carrot, green/red bell pepper, onion and turnip. So where is my expertise in this? Arre I thought of adding two special ingredients- blackberries and italian parmesan almond seasoning. Eat it with any of dressing you want and torture yourself. Below is the picture for all of you for some encouragement to eat salads.



Anyway, I ran for 3.25 miles in 45.03 minutes in the morning. Just about when I was done it started drizzling and by the time got out of the gym it started pouring. This much rain is very unusual for Tempe, Arizona. I got a little drenched too and so it was combination of sweat and rain, yikes. I felt like hugging my nephew, just like his father (my brother) used to gross his little sister (me) out by offering his sweaty hug, yuck. All his expressions of affection were through grossing me out.
Anyway for all those lovers of indian advertisement, I bumped into this Tata tea ad, it made my day. Enjoy. Boost is the secret of my energy!!

21 comments:

Keshi said...

Yummmy I love salads!

Keshi.

Pallavi said...

Keshi- Try almond seasoning on ur salads. Its so yummmm..:).

Keshi said...

I havent tried Almond seasoning b4. After reading this I surely will next time, tnxxx!

Keshi.

karmic said...

That salad looks good!

Pallavi said...

Karmic-I ate it..:), it was ummmm!

Twisted DNA said...

The salad looks great! The berries are a nice touch. I generally eat salads with just a touch of ranch but parmesan sounds good too!

You need to eat fruit quickly in Tempe I guess, otherwise they become dry fruit. :P (Can't tease non-Californians enough)

Pallavi said...

hey hey hey twisted- Oh now I know where its comin from..u r tryin get even for the previous reply on ur comment about AC (seriously how did u do that sitting in front?)..hee.. Although one interesting thing- the fruits drying in AZ can be used on salads as dry fruits..:)

Persona non gratis said...

The salad looks lovely and 45 mins is a pretty good timing too.

Pallavi said...

Shree- Thanks for the salad comment! Is it really good timing, now I am all enthu to run more..

Hazel Dream said...

well salads are my favo too.

Pallavi said...

Hazel-Good for you, they are healthy too.

Pallavi said...

i,me-Thanks for suggestions.

Pallavi said...

vib-"making ur wife cook for u idea" sounds good. But I wonder if anyone is fond of bad food?..:)

Suman Pant said...

SALADS.... i simply love em, let me try that out.... now, where's my kitchen? hehe

Pallavi said...

eclipsed-:)

P said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
P said...

I love salads too.. esp mediterranean salads.. lots of olives and lots of feta cheese.. yumm
Nice pic btw..very appetising :)
Hey, by the way, keep trying to post comments but none of them seem to get saved..

Pallavi said...

Pers- Yeah I like med. salads too. Try them with potato salad, its nice!

Twisted DNA said...

"the fruits drying in AZ can be used on salads as dry fruits..:)"
LOL. Good philosophy. When life gives you dry fruit, put them on salad ;)

Prometheus_Unbound said...

Hi!

Was impressed by the salad idea. I am trying to start a kind of Cooking-for-Singles-Who-Love-To-Eat-But-Cant Cook 101 blog. Would you be interested in contributing. Please check out the link below if you have time.

http://heselghor.blogspot.com/

Pallavi said...

Twisted- Thank you for appreciating all the creativity.
Prome-I am glad u liked the salad idea but I am officially insulted..salad is not coz I cant cook. I can cook..:)