Sunday, September 03, 2006

Lazy weekend

Its a long weekend and I am trying to make use of every bit by doing things which otherwise my work restricts. I love morning sunshine, bright and crisp (by early I mean8/9), yeah and thats precisely, I enjoy coz I have the freedom to sleep late and wake up late. Having a hot cup of tea with good reading where the sunshine has washed n brightened my room is what I call my kind of time. It poured here yesterday and discussion with friends revolved around importance of rains to Arizona. The real estate prices are steady at the moment but will soon fall since the resources are depleting.
Anyway, moving on, I ran 2.5 miles yesterday and 3 miles just now. I feel great and want to steadily (one month, ambitious is it?) reach the 5 miles target and I try not to overdo since sometimes I get ache in my calf muscles. I am currently reading Competing for the Future by Gary Hamel and CK Prahalad and just about done. Some of the chapters on core competencies, thinking differently and leveraging strategies are worth taking a note of and would recommend to people who enjoy such reads.
Moving on, to my cooking experiments, by the way, I simply love cooking and always want to experiment with ingredients my way. I have been successful few times and few turned out to be ultimate fiascos. Here I would like to mention my luck with gulabjamun (never get them right), either they get over cooked, syrup is watery or not soft...:(. Anyway I want to try some "desi chinese." I wonder who coined such a term and if chinese, even remotely know what we Indians are doing to their popular cuisine. Gobi manchurian, paneer manchurian, spring dosa and what not, and very sure it did not originate in China.

9 comments:

Keshi said...

Hope ur long weekend's going well Pallavi :)

Keshi.

Pallavi said...

Hey Keshi thanks a bunch..although long weekend is almost over.:)

sanjay jha said...

nameste pallavi.
some of your blog posts are very interesting!!!
would invite you to visit my simple blog,i have just started blogging and i am in love with it.
cheers!!!
jhaji.

http://jhaji-jhaji.blogspot.com/

M (tread softly upon) said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. And here's wishing you success on your cooking ventures :)

Pallavi said...

Thanks M- Thankfully it wasnt as disastrous this time..:)

P said...

What an ideal wkend!
Good luck with your cooking!

Pallavi said...

Pers-Thanks. I shall post some more info on my rendezvous with cookin..:)

Twisted DNA said...

That sounds like a great weekend.

"I love morning sunshine, bright and crisp"
What, in Tempe? I used to turn A/C at full blast and sit in front of it with an ice pack every day in summer as long as I lived in Tempe :)

Pallavi said...

Twisted- hey this time summer here is not that harsh. So on pleasant days you can like the morning sunshine.Coming back to your sitting in front of AC, its not cooler and wont be colder if you face the vent..:). Also that must have been one hell of a pain standing all day under a vent/grille...:).