Sunday, August 27, 2006

Indian Ocean live

Any good music when heard live, has a longer lasting impact. This held true yesterday when I heard Indian Ocean's sublime music live. It was nothing but pure joy and time well spent listening to very talented group of people. The impact of each instrument was distinct and fusion between guitar and tabla was simply blown. The vocals of this band have very earthy, subliminal and very folksy quality.
There were several jugalbandis interspersed with their songs array. The concert lasted for about 3 hours and closed after generously playing one extra song by audience demand...:). Melancholic ecstasy was always in my favorite's list but now I have two more added, Ma rewa and Bharam paap ke. Audience swang, waved, tapped and enjoyed every bit. I am glad I was part of it..:).

4 comments:

Ekta said...

Hey i love their music...used to liste to it when I was in bangalore...u reminded me that i havent heard them for long!

Pallavi said...

Ekta, attend a live concert of theirs, whenever u get a chance. Its just mindblowin!

Twisted DNA said...

I love fusion music. I am mostly into new age fusion. My latest find is "Susheela Raman." I am in total love with her voice!

Pallavi said...

Twisted- Never heard of that. Shall chek it out!