Friday, July 07, 2006

Feeling unsafe

I recently read news about a serial rapist who has been operating in and around Phoenix and has nearly reached 18 rapes and murders altogether. He is still roaming free and continues with his dreadful activities. Its' scary and mere thought leaves you feeling unsafe anywhere you go. A lot of times, I schedule my going out/ coming home with a fear. Not that it will happen, but how fair is it to even feel that way. I myself, have a lot of times advised my friends, to be cautious and watchful. Eve-teasing is common and its worse form, probably what leads to nasty incidences. I feel helpless about the women who have to face any kind of shameful misbehavior. I guess we need to learn and teach to respect human life and treat both the genders with equal respect.

4 comments:

Sudhi said...

A shocking post!!!!.

ritzkini said...

pepper spray...chota walaa...
works..apparently...

Pallavi said...

@Sudhi-unfortunately its true.
@Ritzy-man how sad is that

Anil said...

He's called the Baseline rapist because that's where he operates.. hmm... looks like I'm being outed :p