Sunday, October 31, 2010

Wonderwall

Wonderwall by Ryan Adams remains my most treasured song, probably, in all my lives. The composition gets even more special because it belonged to Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind.



I haven't been able to keep count of how many times I have seen this movie or others in which Kate Winslet has acted. Revolutionary Road, The Holiday, The Life of David Gale, The Reader. She is a bliss, she is magical. Her performances are powerful. Burnt-orange color haired, free spirited Clementine of Eternal Sunshine remains my personal favorite and somewhere in that space also belongs April Wheeler of Revolutionary Road.

2 comments:

Parth said...

She is certainly the most talented actress of her generation. Good variety of roles. Having The Reader and Revolutionary Road come out in the same year was a good boost for her Oscar chances. Oddly enough (and this is because I rarely watch anything in theaters now), I saw both of those in theater.

Pallavi said...

Parth: If you get a chance watch The Holiday sometime. Its not as intense as, say, Reader or Revolutionary Road (not even close) but she is still captivating.