Thursday, July 23, 2009

So much...

for being an IITian, huh? While, I have nothing against premier institutes but I do have a problem of them being classified as an elitist group of intellectuals. That is such a gross mistake. I have seen couple of miserable failures of personalities of folks who attended "premier institutes" all their lives and proved themselves as "premier failures" and pseudo intellectuals too. One such example: IIT engineer is online sex stalker in US. On the other hand, I have also found guys from not-so-premier-institutes as great thinkers and absolutely humble intellectuals. So, I wonder, what makes things premier the way we project or are fed in our minds as?

There are couple of points that I would like to state in which first one I have a strong problem with and second one is just a deeper problem I see:
  • Classifying education into lower/upper rungs and feed this in mind of students who attend and leading that to idolizing and making them believe that they are indeed some superior lot. Isn't that a systematically adopted abuse?
  • Human debased base urges (as one example cited about) cannot be alienated just by these superficial tags that we generate and attach to people into inferior or superior lot of human beings, no?

No comments: