Monday, July 13, 2009

...

Given that I am such a stuck-up person when it comes to welcoming new music, I was taken aback to my response to movie, Love Aaj Kal songs. A friend delivered the entire album to my inbox and I had not heard of the movie name yet. So, that was the beginning of my trouble. Looking at the name of the movie and my disapproval for the title of the movie, I did not even venture into downloading the songs. After couple of days, I just did it with very low enthusiasm as I had my biases already formed based on the casual title, "Love aaj Kal." I had said to myself, "what good can it be" and had dismissed it. Well, I have been proved wrong. There are few very groovy songs in this album. The best one is Chor Bazaari in the album, for me (by a fair margin). Its so very nice. Second one is Ajj Din Chadheya (but only first 20/25 seconds of it) and third one is Dooriyan. I have changed my mind on this album so many times that it has shaken my confidence. I hope, I don't come back with updates and edits later. Who would trust a person who likes and dissects songs to like and dislike for chosen few seconds in it?

Sigh! Life can be complicated with complex choices to discern from.

No comments: