Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bowling at work

Dont let the title mislead you. I dint bowl at work but with work people. Last week we had bowling nite for the entire office as one of the events in our series of office socials. So we do have two so called "social directors" in our office who have taken up this job of organizing events like these. So these guys come up with fun ideas which have always revolved around some sports in my tenure. One of the guy gives these events a tournament feel by fishing about good players, teaming, scores and trophies. We had about 5 teams led by a different captains. Yeah he picked me as one of the captains despite me clarifying that I am not a good player. He was supsicious about this since he had witnessed the badminton tournament.
So onus on me to perform was high. It didn't work. I sucked and was one of the lowest scores in the first game. Only one guy was lower than me who was in ultimate boss's team. Now his position was so miserable, imagining that he was in team led by ferociously competent and yeah boss too. This team was next to our lane. I must have heard boss screaming at that guy to perform. Imagine your boss yelling at you to bowl better. I even heard him saying " look at Pallavi even she is doing better than you and look at Megan even she is doing better than you." I had sympathies with him man.
Well anyway, two games average was computed and I made sure where we stood before I left. My team was second. The funniest thing happened the next morning. Mr.boss hovers around and says, "yesterday evening was lot of fun and grabbing second position was awesome." Hello!!! I had to turn back and clarify it was my team which came second. He argued with me for a short time, I didn't budge though. So I approached the social director and requested him to email the results of the game to everyone. After half hour he comes again and says, "ok so your team came second, only by 6 points." Exact thought on my mind was 6 points but still. I was grinning...:).

No comments: