Thursday, April 27, 2006

I am an optimist!!

Why am I an optimist? First reply would be because I know it. Ok I am kidding. I have a better answer based on experience, growth, maturity and keen sense of understanding of sophisticated atmosphere around us.

Firstly, being optimist doesn't imply excluding the factor "not having to fail." Secondly, being
optimistic doesn't refrain one from cognitive thinking and rationale in action. Why sometimes people tend to walk towards pessimism? Simply life has treated them in unexpected ways. I have seen various levels of pessimism. People often judge their current circumstances with reference to past events, which is fair to some extent. To analyze the past events fully and move on is the smartest way. Another point I would clarify is that being optimistic doesn't mean suspension of critical anatomizing. It rather refers to the enthusiasm and zeal with which you take anything new with certain amount of risk factor. The risk factor cannot be diminised fully, simply because you are dealing with unknown, dynamic and everchanging scenarios and people try to adapt as adeptly as possible.

If you have started at anything with some amount of pessimism, to me battle (battle may not be the best word here) has begun half heartedly in the first place. Everyone feels their life is most tough. My sister-in-law once told me this saying and it's been with me since then- "Never underestimate anyone's struggle. Each and everyone of us are fighting our own battle."

What happens when there is an optimistic enthusiast around?Ohhh... Advantage is multifold. It immediately creates an aura of positive energy and conditions conducive for synergy of ideas and their realizations. On the other hand, not starting a dialogue because of uncertainty is rejecting whole lot possibilities of new horizons and dreams to be fulfilled.

No comments: