Saturday, March 11, 2006

At work!!

After a fair amount of contemplation I decided to put this entry on my blog for everyone. Wasn’t sure, simply because it involved my colleagues, and it might get me in trouble. Anyway, being brave has been fun. My immediate team member is a middle-aged lady, very bright, hard working and a wonderful mentor. She is equally disorganized, believes in piling stuff in layers in no particular order and doesn’t know if concept of filing exists. She has been claiming to come to office on weekends to clean her cubicle area since eternity. On the other hand my project director who is also middle aged man, very charming (supposedly the most handsome guy in our office), dedicated, extremely organized (gives me cut-throat competition on this), climbing up the hierarchy ladder very fast and has a very keen sense of humor. Now he comes once every month to put all the drawings, documents, submittals in order. Now obviously he is very proud of this fact and leaves no opportunity to tease my neighbor colleague that her surrounding is a ghetto. He will use this word in different combinations, its’ a “ghetto,” “ghetto area”, “ghetto world” and likewise. I always give controlled smile on these comments.

But the other day, he comes around and says “ohh it’s a ghetto and the next thing you know there is a RV truck parked in our cubicle.” I think I chuckled out and so did he. When I couldn’t control anymore I had to go out and finish laughing for another ten minutes or so. Now obviously by this sarcastic humor we two had a good laugh but she was flushed with embarrassment. When I got back to my desk I couldn’t look straight into her eyes for like an hour. I gradually gave some wisecracks about the guy who left our team and firm because he didn’t get two/three hour lunch breaks to play football and stuff. Things look fine and friendly between all of us now. She is a good sport.

5 comments:

ritzkini said...

:)
pallu has a good work-bunch...
one more piece of trivia unearthed !
:)

Pallavi said...

Yep yep!!

Kartik said...

Ermm no offence to the nice lady at work who became the subject of this post, but ...

We want updates! WE WANT UPDATES!

Pallavi said...

What developmental update of the story are you looking for? Please elaborate..heh

Kartik said...

OH NO -

Definitely not an update to this story (once again, no offence to that lady) -

I mean post something else (in straight terms) :-)