Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Food habits

Today I was reflecting on my food habits and how they have changed over a period of time. Todays' diet included: two honey wheat pretzels sticks..gosh (when I came to US I use to wonder how people can put themselves through torture of having pretzels.)fat free harvest peach yoplait yogurt, veggie sandwich with sprouts and avacado..(goodness), herbal green tea (bhagwan). I was thinking if I would have been in India these things would never come to my life.:D. My food must have included paratha, masala chai (one thing I dont understand is why people give me d looks when I put milk and sugar in my tea man. I like it that way yaar), aloo matar, paneer and all those kinds of fancy things man. I remember as a kid I was quite a pain for my mamma. I used to not like any vegetable except aloo, paneer, matar & baigan. I hated palak because the way it looked..(I had to be fashionable in my food too..:D), gobhi for its smell, karela for obvious reasons. For pretty long time I did not eat any other dal then tuar dal coz I did not like color of other daals..hehe. Now here I am and have become very acceptable towards diferent vegetables and food habits. Mom is going to be so happy and thrilled when she sees that I eat all those things which were normal and cook it too.

No comments: